Roof Types Expertise
Tile Roofs in Tucson and the Surrounding Areas
Why Choose Tile?
Tile roofing material is a great choice for homeowners in the Southwest because tile is effective at shielding homes from hot weather. Roofing tiles also perform well under monsoon storms, as they are able to handle significant amounts of rain that fall in a short window of time. One downside of a tile roof is its weight. However, a heavy roof is typically not a problem in the hot Southwest, as homeowners don’t have to worry about snowfall adding to the weight. Here’s a quick snapshot of the many advantages of tile roofs:
- Durable : A tile roof can last over 50 years if installed correctly.
- Reliable : Most tile roof manufacturers offer a generous, 50-year rating.
- Energy-efficient : These roofs help homes stay cooler in the summer.
- Low maintenance : Tile roofs rarely require repairs. When repairs are necessary, it’s usually because of a heavy impact, such as a tree falling during a storm. However, if your house was built before the code change, there is a good chance that you need new underlayment.
- Moisture-resistant : Never worry about rot or insect damage.
- Eco-friendly : Roofing tiles are made from natural materials and they are recyclable.
In addition, roofing tiles are available in a wide range of colors and styles to suit your home’s existing décor.